Friday, March 13, 2009

Mobile banking South America

I was recently challenged to write something about mobile banking in South America. It is impossible for me to keep up to date with all the initiatives globally (I sometimes have difficulty to keep track of all the mobile banking initiatives that we are busy with in Fundamo - this is now getting close to fifty!)

However, I have known about Yellow Pepper and their successes in South America for some time and I believe that they have earned the right to be mentioned on my blog. Serge and his team have carved a specific niche for their services in a number of South American countries (Equador, Gautemala, Panama, Columbia, Peru and Bolivia). Since the company was founded in 2004, they have successfully deployed solutions to predominatly banks. Their success model is built on delivering defined products quickly and to take away the complexity from their customers.

It is companies like Yellow Pepper (and many more in other countries too), that will create a mobile banking enabled world.

No comments: